More help than expected. Where will I be sleeping in Berlin?
Slightly after my departure I received a message from my host in Berlin. She had to cancel the hosting due to a family visit. That was totally fine to me because it had been a person from Couchsurfing. That’s a website where people can offer their couch for travellers.
The support I got has been awesome, after a few hours I’ve had the following opportunities:
- Invitation of another Couchsurfer for two nights.
- A friend from school (Jenni) offered to stay over the remaining period of time.
- Friends at home sent me a list of accommodations.
- Another Couchsurfer sent me her number in case I couldn’t find anything.
- During tramping people told me about friends of them where I could stay.
- Just after arriving in Berlin I had to wait. So I stood there with my backpack. A woman came and gave me a address where I could stay overnight.
Finally, I combined 1 and 2 and I was so flashed by all the help I got from friends and strangers. I guess that’s a very good start for my world trip.